Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Find a spun forged crank?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 08:56 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Find a spun forged crank?

I need to buy a crankshaft to match my 1.850 big end rods, something around stock stroke. I realized that I might be able to use a forged crankshaft that has spun a rod bearing. It might be groved or notched too deep to be useful for most people but I think I could use something like that. I would have it ground and treated. Would that makes sense? Would the oil holes still be in a good place? Where would I find a crank like that.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bp944
I need to buy a crankshaft to match my 1.850 big end rods, something around stock stroke. I realized that I might be able to use a forged crankshaft that has spun a rod bearing. It might be groved or notched too deep to be useful for most people but I think I could use something like that. I would have it ground and treated. Would that makes sense? Would the oil holes still be in a good place? Where would I find a crank like that.
You cant get help from the folks you got the crank from?
Old 11-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the rods, not a crank. I was dumb a few years back and was so pumped about building a engine that I made quite a few dumb choices. One of which was buying new rods off of ebay from an oval track guy. Now I'm curious if I can do a budget lightweight build but its looking like its not going to work out.

Quick Reply: Find a spun forged crank?