Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 SS SLP input on purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 08:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2000 SS SLP input on purchase

Looking for input on another camaro purchase.. I looked this car up on SLP and it has every SLP option available in 2000 which the Dual Dual exhaust has been replaced with a flowmaster ( why I have no clue ).. This SS has been built up quite a bit and looking for some input on the parts used.. All the work done to this Camaro was in a performance shop and he has all the receipts. The motor work was done around 7,000 miles ago and the car has 130,000 miles. We agreed on a $7,500 price.

New stage 2 viper 6 speed
Ls6 intake
Ls6 throttle body ported&polished
Msd wire New plugs g3
Flyout pistons
Tea heads stage 3
Total engine airflow
Trick flow chrome moly pushrods
Comp cam thumper 275/295
Pro magnum roller lifters
Clayes double roller timing set
Timing chain clampener
Ls6 high volume oil pump ported& polished
Center force clutch & pressure plate
K&n filter
373 gears
Strut tower brace
Lower 4 link hopkins
Bilstein shocks& struts
Kooks step headers
Dr.gas x-pipe 3"
Pro 5.0 shifter
Shift light
Rear end cover
Flowmaster exhaust
Diablo predater tune

He is claiming 500HP? Any inputs? Forgot to ask him about a dyno sheet but I will tomorrow...

The interior is in very good condition with no tears or rips anywhere and the Body is in Great condition as well ( Stock looking Black SS SLP )

Please excuse my ignorance on this subject as I have been in the Diesel building/performance cloud for years.. Any input on parts used or price is greatly appreciated (good or bad)!! This will be my cruise street/strip fun car..

Thank you!,
Ian

Last edited by flarebucket; 01-17-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Launching!

Just remember, it's a buyer's market for these cars. Everything on paper looks pretty good, have you heard it run or been able to be in the car while its driven? Either way, you may be able to squeeze more money out of him at $6500-7k but at this point there is no true market value IMO..the car is worth what you're willing to pay.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:10 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is this 500 claim on a stock 10 bolt rear?

What you listed is not bad and the good thing is that he has receipts from the shop that did the work. Only thing is how good of a shop is it?

If a car looks like it's been taken care of most times it has been. Seems he's being up front with everything.

The rear question I ask above would be a major concern for me because if all that is going thru the stock 10 bolt it's just a matter of time before it blows......
Old 01-18-2013, 10:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by arock24
Just remember, it's a buyer's market for these cars. Everything on paper looks pretty good, have you heard it run or been able to be in the car while its driven? Either way, you may be able to squeeze more money out of him at $6500-7k but at this point there is no true market value IMO..the car is worth what you're willing to pay.
I have yet to look at it... Waiting on funds to transfer from the bank to my credit union so I can pull cash out... I've wrenched on cars and trucks my whole life so I know what to look at for the most part.. Is there any specifics I should look for on these type of builds? I was kind of thinking the same thing.. He called again today with a little more info and has been really up front with everything so far.. I checked the vin and slp#.. The car comes with the factory ss wheels and another set as well..

Originally Posted by smws6ta
is this 500 claim on a stock 10 bolt rear?

What you listed is not bad and the good thing is that he has receipts from the shop that did the work. Only thing is how good of a shop is it?

If a car looks like it's been taken care of most times it has been. Seems he's being up front with everything.

The rear question I ask above would be a major concern for me because if all that is going thru the stock 10 bolt it's just a matter of time before it blows......
It is the stock rear end ( SLP Auburn rear ) with 3.73 gears.. I have the exact same fears about that much HP to that rear end..

I'm not sure where the work was done but he said hes pretty picky with his cars ( no sure if hes blowing smoke or not )

The car is 6 hours away so everything is up in the air just yet since I have yet to actually see it in person but he has provided many pictures... I've searched high and low threw the whole country because being from Michigan I really don't want a Michigan car (salt/rust issues) I see alot of nice stock SS Camaros in the 10K range which is a great price and have the funds.. I plan on building something very similar so figured if I do have to replace something I still might be ahead on the money game? I just don't want a catastrophic failure and have to replace the whole motor..

Thanks gentlemen for the great input.. Any and all input is very greatly appreciated!!

Thanks again,
Ian

Quick Reply: 2000 SS SLP input on purchase