Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick question

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 02:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question

The breather tank on my turbo ls1 has a mixture of oil and water in it. I know this is normal to see because of condensation. Im also seeing the same milky fluid in the oil fill cap on the valve cover. Is it normal to see it build up there? And can some one explain why there is condensation building up? I would just like to know for my own. Thanks
Old 03-18-2013, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Milky oil/fluid on the top of the oil cap is normal, it is just moisture build up from short trip driving. Now if you pull the dipstick out and it is milky that is a whole different problem. Just take it on the highway for a good cruise, that should get most of the moisture out of the engine.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000PewterT/A
Milky oil/fluid on the top of the oil cap is normal, it is just moisture build up from short trip driving. Now if you pull the dipstick out and it is milky that is a whole different problem. Just take it on the highway for a good cruise, that should get most of the moisture out of the engine.
I gotcha luckily there isn't milky oil thank god, the car usually get driven around town most of the time. Is that why there is the moisture build up.

Quick Reply: Quick question