Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Basic Fuel Line question

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Basic Fuel Line question

Hi. I'm installing a new aftermarket tank with internal pump into a '64 Malibu SS. Pump has both fuel and return line outlets. My LS-1 does not have a return line on the rail. Questions: Should i simply plug the return line at the tank, run the fuel through the oringinal line to the fuel rail, and hook the vent line up from the via the original set up? I was planning to install a filter just after the tank. Assuming the stock regulator on the fuel rail will suffice? Any other considerations/suggestions? Thanks a lot from a rookie!
Old 05-30-2013, 06:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Wrong forum........
This has been discussed in the fueling forum.... Just recently.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mbobek88
Hi. I'm installing a new aftermarket tank with internal pump into a '64 Malibu SS. Pump has both fuel and return line outlets. My LS-1 does not have a return line on the rail. Questions: Should i simply plug the return line at the tank, run the fuel through the oringinal line to the fuel rail, and hook the vent line up from the via the original set up? I was planning to install a filter just after the tank. Assuming the stock regulator on the fuel rail will suffice? Any other considerations/suggestions? Thanks a lot from a rookie!
That's not a regulator on the rail. You need a regulator inline and a return line to the tank.

Quick Reply: Basic Fuel Line question