Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APS TT LS1 GTO, questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APS TT LS1 GTO, questions

EDIT: I just realized that this should probably be in the FI section, please move if necessary.

Here is what I have:

2004 Pontiac GTO A4
- Pacesetter LTs and cat-less Mids
- Full Wortec exhaust
- K&N Intake

Otherwise, it is stock.

I am looking at all the information possible to do this and it will be a long road ahead, as I have already been doing all the research I can. I kind of made this thread more so I can keep track of all the questions that I have while I am going through the collection of all the things that I will need.

I have been looking at other threads about 317 heads for info since I have come across a set of 317s for $100 on CL and I am thinking about snatching them up and having them cleaned up and getting everything replaced on them. Is there anything else that I would need to do to them besides that, for a twin turbo application?

I've also been looking at cams and I cannot decide on what I want to run with it. I have been reading about LS9 components, but I was uncertain if that would be used on SC cars only or not. I have read that the LS9 gaskets were used for boosted applications, however.

We'll start it off here, until I feel like I understand more and we can move on. I appreciate all the help.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

Really, not a single person saw this?

This site's traffic must have gone WAY down...
Old 07-03-2013, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

No, it is not down, you posted in the wrong section and you want to TT a stock motor. Perhaps you doing some more research to understand what you are wishing to get yourself into.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
No, it is not down, you posted in the wrong section and you want to TT a stock motor. Perhaps you doing some more research to understand what you are wishing to get yourself into.
I know I posted in the wrong section, I stated that at the beginning. I posted it here because I was asking about the 317 heads.

At which point did I say that I was to TT a stock motor? I stated that I had I am stock at this point. Nowhere did I say that I will be doing so.

I also stated that I have been doing research and that I was asking questions, to clarify what I was getting into. What else is the point of this board, than to ask questions about these things and have them answered by more knowledgable personnel.

Thanks for the help. There is a reason I have such a low post count and it took me so long to actually create an account. I hate dealing with this site and the people on it.

If I'm not going to get the help I ask for, how else am I going to learn? I'll go elsewhere.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

IMO, with the apparent knowledge you have, it would be better if you left such a project for a professional to design and put it all together. FI is unforgiving when it comes to newbie mistakes.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by markpetersonii
I know I posted in the wrong section, I stated that at the beginning. I posted it here because I was asking about the 317 heads.

At which point did I say that I was to TT a stock motor? I stated that I had I am stock at this point. Nowhere did I say that I will be doing so.

I also stated that I have been doing research and that I was asking questions, to clarify what I was getting into. What else is the point of this board, than to ask questions about these things and have them answered by more knowledgable personnel.

Thanks for the help. There is a reason I have such a low post count and it took me so long to actually create an account. I hate dealing with this site and the people on it.

If I'm not going to get the help I ask for, how else am I going to learn? I'll go elsewhere.
Reading this would make the average person not want to help you. And I still dont know what your goal is or what you are asking.....
The title of the post APS TT generally thought to be twin turbo. Predator z is one of the most respected members/Mods on here. Good job on your first impressions.

There are over 219,000 members here....Everything most of us has ever needed or shared has been taken with appreciation. The board isn't just to ask questions and "take"

Good Luck with your project.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

lets get back to your questions.

what are they exactly??? do you have a APS kit???

Quick Reply: APS TT LS1 GTO, questions