Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turbo lq 4 motor questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo lq 4 motor questions

Hi there guys, I have a question about turbo-ing a lq4??? what parts indefinanatly should I change out, I am going to start a tear down for a rebuilt starting next month so this would be a good time to get necessary items as needed. ill start off with my goal for power: im not looking for the fastest street car in my area. this is going to be a daily driver that I would like some power if I feel the need or if a civic or a mustang needs to be disciplined on the street lol. I would like to see about 500-550 hp/tq with a turbo. I really never been a turbo person Ive always been a supercharger type. with the way of turbo technology has come these days it seems more cost effective and more reliable these days, plus it looks like they put out more power than just a supercharger now days with some research I been doing. the car im putting it in is a 1960 Pontiac Bonneville 2 door, I sold the 455 that was in it so I can start the build. room under the hood is nooooo problem at all I have tones of room. put it to you this way I have more room under the hood than my 60 Cadillac I had so tubing would not be an issue. so far I know I would be using stock crank, 317 heads, and I will be getting a ls6 int. what cam/springs injectors/ fuel rails would I need? and I see people using truck ex-manifolds, whay is that? any help would be grateful.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Try the forced induction forum???
Old 07-14-2014, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good idea lol

Quick Reply: turbo lq 4 motor questions