Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What order should I do things?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 02:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What order should I do things?

Im in the process of doing a heads/cam swap on my Camaro and I would like some opinions especially if someone has already done this. I'm changing the oil pan gasket since its leaking and I'm just going to drop the k member enough to slide it out. Well I'm trying to do things without adding any extra steps and this is where I'm coming to a fork in the road.

My idea is to drop the car down off jack stands, take the crank bolt and pulley off, lift the car back up, remove the timing cover, drop the k member, remove the pan and oil pump at the same time, do the cam swap and install new chain, re-install the oil pump and pan, tighten the k member up, lower the car, re-install crank pulley and new bolt then begin my flycutting then so on, so forth.

I'd love to hear from someone who has done the same tasks or anyone who may think they have a better way of doing it. At this point all the accessories are off the motor and the only thing keeping it from being a short block is the driver side head coming off. Thanks!

Quick Reply: What order should I do things?