Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help: Bank 2 running lean and getting plenty of KR

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help: Bank 2 running lean and getting plenty of KR

Both Bank 2 sensor 1 and 2 are running lean. When I accelerate hard the KR goes to as high as 9.9(not good) temporarily. The engine temp is also hitting the orange area on my efilive so its running pretty hot. What could be wrong?? How do I find out if its a vacuum leak??Someone told me to spray the motor with a hose with it running, is that a good idea?? Also, this maybe a separate issue but my fuel system B status was showing as failing but then went back to closed loop, it was really weird. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-27-2004, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

I don't know if this is your problem, I had a similar thing happen when i did a reinstall of my motor/trans, I had the wiring loom around the wrong way, this gave the sceario of left side sensor saying it's lean so it went to dump fuel in the other side but instead of the left side being lean it was the right side.
This ment the computer was constantly fighting for an equalibrium and would never get it.
Was easily remidied by swaping the wiring loom over and putting the sensors in thier correct plugs.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:06 PM
TECH Addict

Whats the Fuel Trim on the right side? It could be a bad O2 Sensor. I had the same problem before and the car was misfiring and running like _hit. I found out that the 02 Sensor was stuck to the headers and melted. I replaced it and the Fuel Trim were back to normal levels and the car was running good. Check ur 02 sensors
Old 05-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

My 02s are around .600. I noticed my fuel trim cell drop down to zero sometimes also