Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missed shift 1232

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 02:54 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Missed shift 1232

Raced a 93 mustang GT beat him and was easing it into 4 gear which it may have gone into but the rear tires locked up RPM seamed to go to 6300-6500. Threw the clutch in fast as I could. Beat the stang but i nearly left a bacon strip in my pants. Anyway seams to make a slight ticking noise you can't hear it in the car or even with the hood up, only from like a foot away from the car you hear it real well with the hood down. I did a search of "missed shift" and for the people that have expirienced unfortunate bent pushrods, spun bearings etc. How loud was your ticking noise??
I havn't expirinced a driveablility problem no SES. I would have expected thier to be misfire and get worse with higher rpm, when I leave it at 2000 rpm it has no problem keeping itself at that rpm.
Anybody know what oil pressure at idle should be on an LS1? I'd assume a spun rod bearing lowers the oil pressure? The people that have bent pushrods, did you check engine vacuum at idle? dunno what vac ports are available on the intake manifold. I'd assume a bent pushrod will make idle vacuum erratic. Anybody know where the oil pressure schrader valve is located on an LS1?
thanks for reading
Old 05-29-2004, 04:31 AM
Banned

ok, i keep hearing the noise of thoes tires bark in my head.... over and over again, and keep going though the possible problems.

I havn't looked at mitchell yet but oil pressure for an LS1 32 to 40 being ideal at hot idle?
Took a peak for a good vacuum port, looks like vacuum line for the HVAC air distribution box is good.
If I get less then anticipated numbers looks like LS6 long block is gonna go in sooner then anticipated.
Old 05-29-2004, 05:51 AM
Staging Lane

Probably bent pushrods, I had 3 REAL bad ones and a couple not so straight and did't even know until I did a cam swap. Mabe you just bent one real good. Real easy to change though, thats where I would start.
Old 05-29-2004, 08:10 PM
Launching!

Default same here

I did the same thing, is it possible to do this and not screw anything up? I dont see or feel anything different as far as i can tell.
Old 05-29-2004, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

PUSHRODS!!! about an hour to fix... buy some stock ones for 10 bucks or hardened for like 50 and replace them... then do a cam swap. or just do the cam swap if u got the cash.
Old 05-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Launching!

I did the same thing, I can remember the tach going over 7K and the tires skipping for a split second till I got the clutch back in.

Listened to the engine after and it sounded fine.

Took it for a dyno test.

The guy said any problems like bent PR's would probly show up.

The torque curve and HP curve were real smooth and the numbers where good so he said I had nothing to worry about.

Last edited by CamaroJoe; 05-29-2004 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the same. My pushrods didn't bend, but both of my rear Bilsteins snapped in half at the shaft. Doh! Hope you get yours fixed.