Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Serious Help needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 01:55 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Serious Help needed

Ok fellas I am in the market for a head/cam package that will deliver 400+ hp/tq. My current set up is hotcam,pacestterl/t headers,muflex y-pipe, cutout and maft...with this I produced371.3hp 361.3 tq with a baseline of 321.5/339.5...My next purchase will be pullies, clutch up grade, suspension and few others...and know I am adding the head/cam...I want the set up to be very streetable with no problems once the tuning is done of course...I have about $2500 or so to get what I need..I am completly uneducated when it comes to this I know nothing about flow numbers. cfm, ratio this and cumbustion that..so please help me out with suggestions on how I can obtain this goal..I have contacted MTi Patriot Pace and a few other sponsors from here and LS2...I am reading past posts that I can find so I can gain some knowledge..but your technical knowledge is more vast than mine so if you wouldnt mind helping out then please da so add links and combos thanks guys!!!
Old 06-04-2004, 06:51 AM
Launching!

I have spent the last 2 hours or so reading past postes reference this(head/cam combos) using the search button and I like what I am reading about The Patriot stage II LS6-style cylinder and the TSP 231/237 from TSP...but I am sure that there is other alternatives to those products...I have read a few posts about select individuals who had some sorta clearance issue with valves??..could someone expalin what thats about and has TSP taken that into consideration when building the new heads? or wil I have to alter or change or do anything before these would go on?
Old 06-04-2004, 08:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ur ws6 is in korea ?
Old 06-05-2004, 01:08 AM
Launching!

at times I wish it was but no its back home in SC..no help for a deployed soldier?!?!

trying for the sympathy posts here ..lol
Old 06-05-2004, 06:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man! Sup! There are so many combos out, you just almost have to flip a coin and pick one. The Patroit h/c combo that TSP sells seems to be a solid package. I personally like their 228/228 cam over the 231/327. Helped a bud put in a G5X3 cam and PP LS6 style heads and it screams. Has an insane lope too. That would also be a good combo. Either of those setups would get you well over 400 streetable rwhp. Come on up here to Bragg and we'll get it in! Good luck!
Old 06-05-2004, 10:38 PM
Launching!

Thanks Mike for the info ..I just might be making my way to Bragg from here next year we'll see though....as far as PP goes have the problem that people been having with them been fixed ..i have read some info about vavle issues and a few others but that was from some pasts posts I have geard good things abot TEA and cartek also along with MTI and some other not so well known nead manufacturs...geez this is going to be a hard decision...whats the scene like there in Bragg?