Go Back   LS1TECH > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > Generation III Internal Engine
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Generation III Internal Engine
1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by
Texas Speed & Performance

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 06-27-2004, 12:07 PM   #1
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0
Question Porting, blueprinting oil pump how to?

I had a good collection of how-to articles on porting and blueprinting the stock LS1 oil pump but the wife ejected them.
I had one really good one but cannot remember if it was in Chevy Rumble, GM Hi Tech, or Chevy Hi Tech. I searched each rags sites with no luck.
Anyone got suggestions and/or soft copies? I would appreciate any help.

99 Silverado 4x4, extended cab 3dr, 6.3L 383 iron stroker - Sold but not forgotten!

91 Galant VR-4, #86/2000
Sold, coming back from the Dark Side!
ktmrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 09:13 PM   #2
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Hey Man,sorry to here about your magizines disappearing,(my wife knows better!!)That oilpump porting and oil system improvements was in the March 2004Chevy Rumble.(chevyrumble.com)Maybe they"ll have it on their site,that was a great article on the oiling system for the ls1,I ported my oilpump,did the work on the pan too!That Chevy Rumble is a Great magizine!!Did you see the new copy with the 408 that put out 615hp with stock ls1 intake?
FASTONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 08:21 AM   #3
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Thx, Fastone! Yeah, she usually does not do things like that but when comany is coming she goes crazy and "forgets" sometimes. I guess the stack of rags around one foot high was another reason?!?
I did see that article. Made me think hard about my 383 build but I was too far into it to change. Holy cow, there are some monster LS1 motors out there!
Love the Chevy Rumble stuff. I think it is time to add a subscription. Chevy HiPer and GMHiPer are great but I get more info from Rumble.
Thanks again, motor on!

99 Silverado 4x4, extended cab 3dr, 6.3L 383 iron stroker - Sold but not forgotten!

91 Galant VR-4, #86/2000
Sold, coming back from the Dark Side!
ktmrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 08:21 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
blue, blueprint, blueprinting, blueprints, chevy, engine, gm, ls1, ls3, oil, porting, printing, pump, sbc, stock