Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any advice please....

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 03:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any advice please....

okay, i already used the search engine and it didn't completely answer my question. I plan to get the hot cam installed and while i do that i plan to port the stock heads. (by the way i have a '00 ls1 A4). since i'm on a budget i'd only be porting to gasket match the manifolds. Has anyone tried this or does someone not recommend doing this? I was told that it should idle no problem without tunning and get a some HP out of this. Thanks for any input.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most people that put the hotcam in need tuning especially with an a4.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not familiar with your A4 code but I do know that "gasket matching" the intake manifold is not possible on the LS1 GenIII engines. The composite one piece intakes use o-ring style seals and cannot be ported or ground at all. Everything I have read says do NOT enlarge the intake or head runners, just lightly polish the intake runners.
F.A.S.T. makes an LSX intake that can be disassembled and port matched. Not sure of the exact price but seem to think it runs around $600 or so. It has relief marks etched on the runners that indicate how much material can be removed. Seems to be the best choice for the kind of mod you are thinking about.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AMS is supposed to have a ported LS6 intake they sale. I'm not sure of the quality or quantity of the porting.

Jay @ Absolute Speed apparently is also porting the LS6. I would go with his product before I (personally) would spend that much money on a FAST intake. Oh and if I remember right the FAST intake is mroe like $700 - $800.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

when i was referring to the manifolds i was referring to the exhaust manifolds. sorry for not making that clear to you guys. would that be a good idea or is it not work all the work and money spend on new gaskets?