Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i have a ugly problem and NEED everyones help on this one.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 09:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default i have a ugly problem and NEED everyones help on this one.

it's going to be long so please stay with me. before i blew up my stock shortblock i dynoed at speed inc.i made 424.1hp and 407tq on their dynojet. at that time i had rgr st2 heads,c1 cam,mac headers w/offroads,b&b tryflo,asp pulley,wisper lid,160t-stat,12bolt w/3.73's m6. now i got a new block from agostino racing 348ci w/forged rods,ect,11:1.0 comp switched to g5x2 cam,kook headers,ported th-body,4.11 gears and on herdcore motorsport's dynojet i pulled 390hp. how can i loose so much from one dyno jet to the next? now i went to ap engineering to get the car tuned for the new x2 cam,headers,ect(i never tuned the new block because i used the same heads ,cam,ect.) and made 378hp and 351 tq mustang dyno. i dont get it? most people are at 395 on their dyno with the x2 cam and heads. now here is when things get ugly. i took my heads,cam ect and droped them off at agostino racing so they can build my shortblock. now,when i picked up my shortblock the first thing i noticed was my ports on my heads looked much smaller then the heads i droped off. i asked berry about this and they said they were mine and went to the phone and did'nt comeback ti'll i was leaving.i was talking to a guy yesterday and he told me he had a major problem with agostino,he told me he dropped his vette off for work and after they never would return his calls he drove there. when he got there he saw his vette with the motor gone they were not even supposed to remove the motor AND they sold his motor out of his car. now i don't know if thats true but it does sound funny he said that and i thought my heads did'nt even look like mine. now i wonder if i got the forged rods and everything i paid for.i thought i would go back to speed inc to the same dyno as my stock block(424hp 407tq) and see if i dyno near 435 440hp,with the new upgrades,i should.with the upgrades i'm missing 40 to 50 hp from dynojet to dynojet. if i make alot less power then i'm pulling the heads and block to check part #'s and have everything checked. at this point i don't know what else to do. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK MY NEXT MOVE SHOULD BE? if i find out this stuff is not what i paid for what should i do? i don't want to slam agostino,but with the power loss and the heads looked different i have nothing else to go with yet.PLEASE HELP. thanks, mike c.

Last edited by mike c.; 07-08-2004 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't say for sure on anything. Maybe check with RGR and see if they recorded the serial #'s from your heads. At a minimum they will be able to tell you what type the heads should be ( 241, 243, 862, etc. ). This will at least get you some answers on the heads without having to do a major engine teardown.
The dyno questions are valid. Usually I hear lower numbers on Mustang dynos. Not sure why but this is pretty common.
Sorry to hear of all the problems, hope you get things figured out soon!
Old 07-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Banned

First go re dyno at speed inc and see what happens.
Mustangs dyno's are way different than dynojets.
Most dynojets are very similar though.
If you dyno way less then allow speed inc to help you resolve your problem as they are a good quality shop from what I have heard.
I would hate to believe they swaped out your heads but I would defentially look into this if the dyno is lower than before.
Good luck
Old 07-08-2004, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Sorry to hear about your heads, after I had my heads ported, I took them to the local speed shop to have the new valves dropped in so I decided to mark them. It's not that I don't trust anyone, Its just that well I dont trust anyone.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:59 AM
10 Second Club

i already dynoed 34hp lower from speed inc's dynojet to hardcores dynojet. and this was after the bigger cam,kook headers and ported th-body. from dyno jet to another dyno jet i should of not loss 34hp. agostino is under different ownership wade and berry are gone,so if i findout this is not heads or heve the forged parts i paid for agostino won't make it right.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ktmrider
The dyno questions are valid. Usually I hear lower numbers on Mustang dynos. Not sure why but this is pretty common.
Because a dynojet uses a base vehicle weight. A mustang dyno uses what weight the chart says the car is and then puts a load on the rollers which will show a more "accurate" reading. Most guys like dynojet because we all love the high numbers compared to a mustang dyno.