Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TREX PTV problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TREX PTV problem

I heard that the graphite gaskets cause possible PTV problems but that was secondhand info. So I called TR to check and see if there are any issues. They said the the graphite and the mls gaskets will work but the graphite gaskets are VERY close with any valve float they will hit. This was the first time I have heard this so I figured I would post. I am still getting the TREX but just something to consider. Worst case I lose a set of stock heads and I have to upgrade the bottom end to forged and get some better heads.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:15 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 93LS1RX7
I heard that the graphite gaskets cause possible PTV problems but that was secondhand info. So I called TR to check and see if there are any issues. They said the the graphite and the mls gaskets will work but the graphite gaskets are VERY close with any valve float they will hit. This was the first time I have heard this so I figured I would post. I am still getting the TREX but just something to consider. Worst case I lose a set of stock heads and I have to upgrade the bottom end to forged and get some better heads.
Thanks for the info, and I like your attitude.