Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New cam from Absolute Speed on the way..

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New cam from Absolute Speed on the way..

I decided my tr224 just wasn't enough power. Go figure . So after reading Steve McQueen's post on his Absolute Speed's head and cam package making 440 rwhp through a 12 bolt, a light bulb went off in my head. Who else to decide on the best cam than Jay himself. Since he ported my intake, tb, and did the heads, he alt to know what would be the best cam for what I want. So I am getting basically what Steve has. 230/236 .575/.575 on a 114. Also he is going to put a little advance (I believe thats what he said) to bring the peak power band down a little. May be Jay will step in and confirm those numbers on the lift side.

And to go along with that, swapping the cats out for some off road pipes. Should be a nice increase throughout the power band. You gotta love that man. Jay
Old 07-26-2004, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could see you picking up 20 RWHP with the cam alone, then another 10 or so RWHP from the cat being removed, so you could be near what Steve is putting down. I REALLY want to bolt a set of heads on my car and see what it picks up, those AFR's ported by TEA look like they flow decent
Old 07-28-2004, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Orange Peel
I could see you picking up 20 RWHP with the cam alone, then another 10 or so RWHP from the cat being removed, so you could be near what Steve is putting down. I REALLY want to bolt a set of heads on my car and see what it picks up, those AFR's ported by TEA look like they flow decent
Jay also mentioned you should tune your car with the cats off. Something about the cats screwing with the A/F ratio.

30 hp gain would be great!
Old 07-28-2004, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never heard that, if you plan to run cats, tune the car with them on, if you plan not to run cats, of course tune without them on 30 HP does look VERY attainable dude!