Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommended Knock Sensors for 2k1

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Recommended Knock Sensors for 2k1

I called the dealer and they quoted $54 each. Anyone recommend any of the aftermarket vendors for replacements? Found some at advanced auto and the like.

I have had knock problems since the day I got this SS and everything imaginable has been replaced. Including tuning from Rich to Lean, plugs, wires, valve train, cam, headers, maf, t/b, airbox and its still knocking.

I have gone to the dyno many times, some runs its happy and perfectly clean, then one run knock out the butt, and the next run perfectly clean again.

I am 99.99999999999% sure its the sensors so I figured I would replace them before going the route of using nine ***** invention which is what I will be doing if replacing them doesn't work.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I just went the the install university site and looks like all the stuff I have done, they have also Bummer. It knocked stock, and after all the mods so I am leaning towards just a bad set or f***ed up install of the sensors.

If anything I will feel better with new knock sensors.

I planned on putting in a new clutch and 4.11 gears anyway. Looks like a fun weekend ahead in the near future
Old 08-30-2004, 07:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kris jones at sdpc, just ordered a set of lifters,various gaskets,sensors..hes the man..
matt