Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valvetrain noise after pushrods replaced

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 05:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Valvetrain noise after pushrods replaced

Should I have loud valvetrain noise after pushrod replacement. I did the job with the engine cold. One spring seemed fairly compressed, but I can't see what would have changed. They're bolt down self aligning rockers. Found one pushrod bent. No noise before install. I've heard they're noisy for 10-20 miles but want to make sure. I let it run for about 15-20 seconds, made sure I had good oil pressure right away then shut it down cuz I was scared of that kind of noise.
Old 04-01-2003, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Valvetrain noise after pushrods replaced

back to top for you
Old 04-01-2003, 06:22 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Valvetrain noise after pushrods replaced

Boy, I wonder if anyone is alive on this forum. Seems you get many more replies at another board. Anyway, I let it run last night and it quieted down after 1 minute. Then this morn it started clacking quite nastily. I had it towed to the dealer I work for from 1/2 mile away. It was missing and jerking bad. I pulled the dr side valve cover and found the same rocker I questioned due to that pushrod being the furthest up had come loose. Guess my gut was right about bumping the starter to get it off that cam lobe. Not to mention my GM buddy verified after I asked him about it that GM says to bump the starter. Oh well, live and learn. Granted I'm no technician, like you couldn't tell. She's sweet now though.