Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This cam in a completely stock 98C5? strange specs.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 04:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This cam in a completely stock 98C5? strange specs.

I've traded my trans am to a friend for his 98 A4 corvette. I had a tr224 cam, headers, stall, and most all bolt ons with the TA. The vette I've traded for is completely stock down to a paper air filter. In the trade I got a cam, pushrods, 918 springs, ti retainers for the springs, and an adjustable timing set. I'm thinking about installing this cam in the vette, but I'm kind of leary over the cam specs. The cam is a 222/220 .581/.564 114LSA 110ICL comp cam. The intake lobe is an X-ER, and the exhaust lobe is a regular comp "high lift" lobe. The guy that spec'd the cam for my friend told him to install it at a 108ICL with the adjustable timing set on a completely stock car.

What do you guys think about this? The car has a stock stall and everything. I've searched around and I can't find anyone using this cam.. the closest thing I can find is MTI's stealth II cam.. but they don't run a slower ramp lobe on the exhaust, nor do they run it 6* advanced. Please offer up some input, as I am thinking about starting the swap Friday. Btw, I will have the car tuned at a local shop on the dyno. My mods at Christmas time will include a 2800 stall, headers, exhaust, LS6 intake.
Cheers
Sam

Last edited by Sam-eye-Am; 09-09-2004 at 06:21 AM.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:10 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

with the experienced you gained with your T/A why would you want to install a cam on a completely stock setup. you'll never get the full gain that cam is capable of and with the stock stall you'll never be in the meat of its powerband.

as for the cam i'd sell it and take time out to decide what route you want to go with your C5 since your basically starting with a clean slate. dont install it just for the sake of installing it or because you have it lying around. but if you decide to install it anyway i'd go with the 110ICL.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will install a 2800 vig stall in a few months and a set of kooks headers with offroad pipes and a Z06 Ti exhaust, along with a LS6 intake and more bolt ons. I plan on doing all of this with my Christmas bonus. After I add the stall, headers, exhaust, underdrive pulley, ported TB, and LS6 intake.. will this be a good cam?? I'm wanting something that's strong thru the midrange.. I guess "tourqey" would be the word. The car will never see the track, just spirited daily driving without making my vette a pain to drive or having no power until 6,000rpms.