Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help engine weird, security and courtesy lights f'd up

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 07:37 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation please help engine weird, security and courtesy lights f'd up

pls read first. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221463

so after last night's charade with my Z's dunk underwater, I am now having electrical issues. Hopefully any of you could help me out. Okay so today I bucketed water out of my passenger back seat floor, and went off to school. I got back, and I think the alarm had gone off. I unlocked with my key fob, and the horn beeped three times, meaning someone had opened a door on my car. [according to the manual]

obviously this was wrong, as no one breaks into my car and she was just how I left her. So anyway I start her up, and the engine is making this weird high pitched pinging noise, just BARELY audible, personally just sounds like she's still wet maybe. don't know. am very nervous. so anyway I move her to a different parking spot, and get out. I shut the door lock her with the fob, and the courtesy lights stayed on. they wouldn't go out. and my alarm indicator on my dashboard stayed solid red. No idea why.

so I unlock it again, and then re-lock it. same thing. courtesy's wont go out, and the alarm light stays lit continuously. also when I am inside or just have the car unlocked, the light flashes on and off continuously, no time gaps, nothing, just a steady pulse. I've tried everything in the manual and nothing helps.

my g/f said her dad had a problem similar and had to get the alarm in his c4 'vette taken OUT. Please let me know what you think about both engine and lights/security. as of right now the only way I can get the lights off is to pull out the 8 fuse, and then the alarm system wont even lock the door. I gotta do it with the key not the fob.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:51 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bumpity