Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket rocker arms?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket rocker arms?

Ok, I just bought an 04 GTO and I am kinda new to LS1 engines. I have built plenty of SBC, SBF, BBF engines, but the LS1 is new to me.

My main question here is, what kind of rocker arms do this things have stock?

I have seen a few different 1.8 ratio rockers for the LS1, what kind of power gains to you get with these? Are the stock valve springs up to the task? They seem to be quite pricey and I am just wondering if they are worth the cost?

All input is welcome, thanks for the help.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

IMO, they are not worth the cost. They come with 1.7's stock, and they have needle bearings at the fulcrum as opposed to traditional SBC rocker arms. They are also very light over the tips which makes them pretty easy on the valvetrain. You may see a small gain going to 1.8's, but its not worth the money that you'll pay for them.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LSUxBlake
IMO, they are not worth the cost. They come with 1.7's stock, and they have needle bearings at the fulcrum as opposed to traditional SBC rocker arms. They are also very light over the tips which makes them pretty easy on the valvetrain. You may see a small gain going to 1.8's, but its not worth the money that you'll pay for them.
Thanks.