Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After head swap, oil pressure gauge shows ZERO HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default After head swap, oil pressure gauge shows nothing

this was a head only swap, I did not swap the cam. Anyway, I followed the instructions word for word in the instructions on LS1howto.com What could cause this? Im not familiar with where the oil pressure sensor is or how it gets the signal to the instrument cluster, is it in the block or what? Is there a wiring harness behind the engine that I could have forgotten to hook back up? To remove any doubt, yes there is oil in the car. where do I start?

EDIT: I guess it helps to plug the thing in

Last edited by pbjones81; 11-18-2005 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pbjones81
this was a head only swap, I did not swap the cam. Anyway, I followed the instructions word for word in the instructions on LS1howto.com What could cause this? Im not familiar with where the oil pressure sensor is or how it gets the signal to the instrument cluster, is it in the block or what? Is there a wiring harness behind the engine that I could have forgotten to hook back up? To remove any doubt, yes there is oil in the car. where do I start?

The oil pressure sensor is at the rear of the intake towards the driver's side on the block. It is at the back of the block. I think that there is a 2 pin connector that goes to it.

Last edited by GUNNAR@PATRIOT; 01-10-2005 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The sensor is often broken when the intake is removed. That may be your problem.

Did the engine start? How long did it run? Sometimes it takes a few seconds to build pressure, although you didn't tear it down far enough to make much more difference than the normal draindown you would see after just letting the car sit overnight.