Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maryland Clean Cars act of 2005

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 07:32 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Maryland Clean Cars act of 2005

I'm posting this to multiple forums so don't get mad if you're reading this. As most of you probably know (especially in the northeast) Maryland has been one of the more progressive states as far as political, environment, social, and economical reform. Unfortunately, they are about to take another shot at our hobby. Anyone that lives in California knows what you're "govanator" is doing with new vehicle emmissions. Well, the crack politicians in the Maryland state house are attempting to pass the same exact legislation. Starting in 2006, New Vehicles will be required to carry the same emmissions controls as those vehicles sold in California. As most of you know, this topic is controviserial, and primarily a joke, but it's away for those who have an agenda to knife ever closer to cutting our sport, hobbies, and lives, totaly off, at least in this country. I implore anyone that lives in the state of Maryland to write their house and senate reps, as well as the Gov. Robert Erhlich, to show your opposition to this bill. Please follow the links that I've included for more information as well as bill sponsors and listings for your reps. Together, we can defeat this "common sense" legislation that will ultimately cost consumers and the economy of the state. Thanks!

-Aaron

Bill Info House Bill 564, SB 366

Find your REPS!

Contact the Gov. of Maryland

PS, if you post on other forums, please pass this info along!
Old 03-01-2005, 09:10 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the "heads up" on this bill. Think about it..........it's only right around the corner. We have a tendency of putting our fate in the hands of our elected officials, and we always end up with the short end of the stick. Lets face it........they don't care about what happens to the people, it's all about position, notoriety, and of course......MONEY. (The old you vote for my bill, and I'll vote for yours). Hey, I know that everyone may not be into handguns, but look at what happened in the state a few years back. The "Sovreign State Of Maryland" nearly took away our right to be able to defend ourselves with it's ban on certain types of weapons, the handgun roster, etc. I can tell you as a former city police officer, and one who is currently involve law enforcement...... that NO ONE CAN PROTECT YOU AND YOURS BETTER THAN YOU!!!! Ok, I'll get down off my soap box now, but I'm just sick and tired of handing my right over by default! Its's just another bill.........until itis passed. Then its law........ then it's too late.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:20 AM
Bad Seller Alert

Good info. Good post. Yeah Maryland has some of the biggest pansy politicians in the country. Trying to take away our freedoms. Sucks
Old 03-01-2005, 09:44 AM
11 Second Club

thank god i live in sc which is safe for now.. down here with all these rednecks, if u tried to take away our cars/guns, they'd prolly try to leave again and start another war lmao, just a joke. anyways tho, even down here like in my nieghborhood for example, all the well off yuppies are trying to turn my untamed sc into a california copy!
Old 03-01-2005, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This isn't the appropriate forum.