Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

URGENT HELP with PCV needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default URGENT HELP with PCV needed!!!

I've surfed this forum for a while and learned a lot from you guys. Now I'm hoping I can get your help. ASAP!

I think my PCV system with the catch can on my brand new Cartek engine was done wrong and now I have serious issues!! I need a picture of the "correct" routing of the PCV system that includes a catch can. I think the guy that did the installation might have done it wrong and I need to get a definitive answer on the right way as soon as possible. I'm not looking to point fingers, I'm just trying to figure this out for myself.

I am in NO way blaming CARTEK. My new engine has 33 miles on it and is blowing the dip stick out. It blew a valve cover gasket and the dip stick after 28 miles and I changed the gasket this afternoon. After a 10 minute cruise now I have oil coming from what I think is the front main seal? Oil is all over the garage floor. I know it is normal for a new engine to have some blow-by with new rings, creating excess crank case pressure. I think have bigger problems now?

Thanks for your help,

Dave
Old 04-29-2005, 09:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you have an overload of crankcase pressure. Can you post a pic of your pcv system how it's routed into the catch can. How old is your PCV check valve? I was having the same problem with blowing the dipstick out of the tube, and replaced my PCV check valve with a updated "orfice style" check valve. Your catch can should have the system coming in through the top of the catch can, and then it should go from the side of the can to the side of the intake manifold.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out the pics on my old site...
http://www.freewebs.com/soslo/foreman_oilcatch.htm