Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally fired the 382 today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Talking Finally fired the 382 today!

After a year of hibernation, the white beast fired off for the first time. I couldn't believe it, but it fired off on the first pop. The open headers woke up the neighbor hood. Now it's off to the exaust shop and down to Futral for a dyno tune. I would also like to commend Allan for doing a good job on the mail order tune. Tuning Speed density isn't easy on the dyno and he knocked me out a mail order that actually works pretty good. The lope of this camshaft at 8-900 rpm's is like nothing I have ever heard. I can't wait till I can drive it down the street, but for now I'm just happy it cranked right up.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it all bore or all stroke?
Congrats! I know how you feel mine sat for a while when I did the last engine.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you do anything special in the way of priming? My shortblock has been sitting for 2 months now as Im getting the final pieces together for the install. It will probably be another month before its installed....
Old 05-05-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Brent, the motor is all stroke. I'll be sure and send Brian the dyno sheet when I get back.

Xssive, I bought my short block months ago, prolly closer to a year. I just made sure everything had a light coat of oil on it while I wasn't using it. When I started piecing together the motor, I made sure everything was graiciouslly coated with assembally lube cause it was going to be a while before I fired it off. When it came time to crank it today, I pulled the fuel pump and injector fuses and unplugged the coil packs. I then cranked it over 3 times for about 8-10 sec each time. I then plugged everything in, primed the fuel pump a few times, and wala, she fired right off.