Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FM14 Cam impressions

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FM14 Cam impressions

Ive been drivin this car around for a couple days now, and just wanted to post about it incase anybody else was wondering how it was driving a 230+ duration cam w/ stock 3.42 gears..... The specs of my cam are 232/324 .598 .598 112+2

The only real place I feel a real difference (lack thereof) in torque is between 1500-2500 rpms.... and that is mainly in the first two gears... on the highway in 5th gear the car still has plenty of grunt at 2000 rpms.....

now I know what people mean when they say that the cam makes the car come alive after 4k rpm..... as soon as you hit 4k its feels like the car has vtec or somethin, and then the rev limiter just comes outta nowhere!! (Mine is set at 6800, the cam pretty much peaks at 6200-6300)

another big difference is shifting at 6500 (as opposed to stock).... mostly cause when you bang second gear you are right back in the meat in the powerband.....

the idle sounds great, and the main thing I noticed is that I have to ride the clutch a lil more to get around a parking lot or backing outta the driveway.... a lot of times when i could have just left the car in gear in first and just coast at around 1k I have to either ride the clutch or just put it in neutral....

I still feel like I need to step up the gear ratio.... I want 4.30's, but I have to start savin my nickels and dimes for that 12bolt/9 inch......

I do NOT think this cam is too big for somebody to use even as a daily driver.... I was torn betweeen this cam and the f13 and I am definetly glad I went w/ the bigger cam....