Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tons of problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tons of problems

I have a 2001 Z28 with the STS turbo system. My cousin was driving it one day when the oil cap came off and since the oil return line is tapped into the cap it spewed all the oil onto my manifold. The engine bay caught on fire but my cuz quickly put it out then drove the car home....about 2 blocks with 1 1/2 of oil. After that it ran like crap and smokes( white-blue color). I changed the oil, plugs, and wires. It helped but still runs like crap and smokes. I got 2 codes MAF high input and O2 sensor heater malfunction. Oh one other thing the electrode on 3 of my spark plugs are gone. Can anybody give me any hints on what to do?
Im probably looking at a rebuild huh? Oh one other thing STS has bad customer service, I would call and they say they will get someone to call me.....well nobody ever calls.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by turbo_camaro
I have a 2001 Z28 with the STS turbo system. My cousin was driving it one day when the oil cap came off and since the oil return line is tapped into the cap it spewed all the oil onto my manifold. The engine bay caught on fire but my cuz quickly put it out then drove the car home....about 2 blocks with 1 1/2 of oil. After that it ran like crap and smokes( white-blue color). I changed the oil, plugs, and wires. It helped but still runs like crap and smokes. I got 2 codes MAF high input and O2 sensor heater malfunction. Oh one other thing the electrode on 3 of my spark plugs are gone. Can anybody give me any hints on what to do?
Im probably looking at a rebuild huh? Oh one other thing STS has bad customer service, I would call and they say they will get someone to call me.....well nobody ever calls.
Who tuned the car? and how much timing?(just curious about the electrodes missing) If the engine has no knocking etc, my suggestion at this point is to replace all the plugs, and the 02 sensor that has the heater circuit malfunction and gently clean the MAF wires(possible oil contamination on them,just like when someone over oils their K&N filter? and go from there all of that can cause an engine to run poorly,good luck.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i would beat ur cousin's *** if i were you. it sounds like your car is burning oil