Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harlan sharp rockers need spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 06:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Harlan sharp rockers need spacers?

Hello yall. i am going to be purchasing heads very shortly from tsp. I am thinking about picking up a set of harlan sharp rocker arms with them. Is there any issues were the rocker arm hits the valve cover? Do they selll spacers that work well to solve this problem? Any info would be great. Thanks
Old 06-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS1FIRE
Hello yall. i am going to be purchasing heads very shortly from tsp. I am thinking about picking up a set of harlan sharp rocker arms with them. Is there any issues were the rocker arm hits the valve cover? Do they selll spacers that work well to solve this problem? Any info would be great. Thanks
Mine didn't hit the valve covers but I needed both spacers and shorter pushrods to get the right preload.
Chris
Old 06-04-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rotarnomore
Mine didn't hit the valve covers but I needed both spacers and shorter pushrods to get the right preload.
Chris
What cam were you running, and were the heads milled at all? thanks.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

5.3L heads with no milling and TR230 cam. Make a long story short, I did a lot of research on proper installation of these things. Every setup is different so don't go by what other people have. I can tell you that these things should only have 0 to maybe a little over 1/4 turn for the right amount of preload (after finger tight). Anymore than that and my springs would compress.
Chris
Old 06-04-2005, 08:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rotarnomore
5.3L heads with no milling and TR230 cam. Make a long story short, I did a lot of research on proper installation of these things. Every setup is different so don't go by what other people have. I can tell you that these things should only have 0 to maybe a little over 1/4 turn for the right amount of preload (after finger tight). Anymore than that and my springs would compress.
Chris

I agree I have these on my car,stock heads and F11 cam and was curious as to your set up. thanks
Old 06-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

i too have these rocker arms and mine did hit the valve cover as well as the head on the passenger side.did some grinding and still hearing ticking coming from the passenger side i think.driving me nuts.any thoughts as to what could be the problem.i have a stock cam but patriot dual springs.they are torqued to speck but still hear ticking.gets worse as i raise the rpms up.doesnt appear to be any power loss but its real annoying.thanks for any help
Old 06-24-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure about the TSP heads, but these rockers will hit on '98 heads. Tons of post about this.