Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS-1 in need of rebuild....options?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS-1 in need of rebuild....options?

My 01 T/A WS6 LS-1 is in need of repair. No. 7 cylinder is gone. I expect to find a failed ring gland or damaged piston when I take it apart. I noticed increased oil consumption recently and was receiving the code for cylinder #7 misfire over the past few days. I heard pre-ignition flutter yesterday at WOT and shortly after..... reduced oil pressure, over heating, and running rough.

Damage is done..... time to make her better.I want the most bang for my buck. What are my options, or what do you all suggest I do for a performance gain on a not so deep pocket? I was thinking about the 393 CID Eagle roatating assy for the 5.7. Adding a cam..... no clue as to which one. I spray a 125 dry shot occationally. I am thinking about the following:

1. 393 Eagle assy.
2. cam shaft ??
3. Porting the heads/ valve job

What else can or need to do? Any thoughts?

This is a daily driver. Mods are 125 dry shot, SLP loud mouth, whisper lid, ported MAF. I would like to be able to beat Cobra's at the track when I feel the need when done.

-dave
Old 06-25-2005, 07:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You could buy my Callies 383 short block w/TEA ported AFR heads. PM me if you'd like info on it.