Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what's wrong w/ my car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 04:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what's wrong w/ my car?

i was racing/driving the car lastnight ('99 camaro Z-28 w/ a 400 trans) and everything was going good.... on the way home from the track it threw an SES light, but the car still ran fine. i started it up today, and it sounded like it had a huge cam in it for a few seconds, then died..... now it wont fire up for more than a second........ i'll give it gas right away and it will rev, but very roughly.

anyone have any ideas??? when the car is running the SES light is not flashing, just steady on. any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

could be lots of thinks.. could be something as simple as Bad 02 sensors.. that can make a car run rougher than you can believe haha.. Does it sputter at idle? popping? or just surging? check out that SES light at an autoone or something too!
Old 07-20-2005, 05:00 PM
Banned

that's the thing... i can't even get it to autozone. it turns over and idles REALLY rough for about 2 seconds then dies. i thought your pcm doesn't even look at o2 sensors until after a certain amount of time. during start up they're not warmed up so you get no reading from them. atleast that's my understanding of it. the induction is all tight, no leaks after the mass air meter.... everything is plugged in. i have pedal pressure so vacuum lines are all still intact. i have no clue.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:09 PM
8 Second Club

get the code outa it and it will make life easy u dont have any buddis with a scanner
Old 07-20-2005, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well i know when my tuning was screwed up on my car.. on a trp to myrtle beach my car was running so rich it completely caked my 02's and ruined them.. my car would barely run and i couldn't get it to go over 60 mph when it did.. the idle was so rough it was barely running.. i had to keep my foot on the gas and it still sputtered like crazy! Its very possible.. maybe an O2 came unplugged or is bad? just check it out.. can't hurt..
Old 07-20-2005, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

Exclamation

You gotta get a scanner on it. It'll tell you what's wrong