Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 swap help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 02:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 swap help?

Hey guys! Newbie here with some questions about swapping a 6.0 into my 72 chevy. I already have tuned port injection on this thing, but it looks like the 6.0 is next for my truck!
I Did some searching around and came across this site.. you guys seem to know your stuff so i figured i'd post a few questions..
I just picked up a 6.0 engine. I'm planning on dropping this in my '72 K/5 Blazer. Now on to my questions:

#1. The throttle body is "fly by wire".. can i convert this over to a cable actuated throttle body?
Is there a company that makes a conversion, or am i gonna have to go find a pedal assembly to make my '72 a drive by wire engine???

#2. Its an '04 6.0 engine. I got the ecm with it, but want an aftermarket wiring harness. which one do you guys reccomended?

#3 Will the stock ECM work or will i have to have it reprogrammed for the VATS system?

#4 VSS? I already have a mechanical VSS for my TPI. Does the 6.0 require a VSS and will my tpi vehicle speed sensor be compatible?

I'm sure there will be more questions as my swap gets underway. Thanks in advance!
Ryan

Last edited by Ryan72; 07-25-2005 at 03:05 AM.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't answer much of your questions, sorry, but it doesn't seem like anyone else is chiming in. For wiring harnesses, I've heard a lot of good things about Painless Performance, or if you want to spend big bucks on a stand alone system then Big Stuff 3 seems to be the way to go.

Here is a link to a person who asked about converting from fly-by-wire:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...y+wire+convert

I'm pretty sure you're gonna have to have the ECM reprogrammed for the VATS system.

I'm not sure about the last question, but I hope this can get the ball rolling on your project and others can add more helpful info.