Sponsored by:

rocker arm upgrade/ tips wanted

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 09:30 AM
JMZ
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question rocker arm upgrade/ tips wanted

Hello , I have been reading this forum quite a bit and I really enjoy it. A buddy of mine is taking my RA`s out and I am sending them off for the upgrade. My car ( really the wifes) is completely stock. What are some things we need to know. I have been researching this and about all I know is to torque them to 22 ft lbs. Wat about gaskets for the valve covers? Thanks in advance. P.S. ,I did not realize these cars are this fast!
Old 08-01-2005, 08:40 AM
10 Second Club

you can reuse the o-ring gaskets on the valve covers already.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you're going to keep the stock cam, bigger ratio rockers will work well for you. But they'll restrict the future cam designs you can put in. You shouldn't run bigger ratio rockers on a fast ramp rate cam, and you need to calculate the new maximum lift: (lift/1.7*1.8, or whatever the new rocker ration is...) to ensure you'll have piston clearance if you pick a high lift cam (> .575). (Check the cam sticky for discussion of calculating lift with non-stock rocker ratios.) Subtract the duration at .050 from the ADV duration at .004/.006 to get the ramp duration (my term). I think the rule of thumb is a difference in the low 50s means a high ramp rate, and in the 60s you should be good to go for a bigger ratio rocker. Help me out if I'm off the mark here, guys...