Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!! Car keeps blowing fuses!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! Car keeps blowing fuses!

Not sure if this is the right forum or not. My 1998 Trans Am keeps blowing the powerseat/defog fuse. If i change the fuse, it litearlly will blow right when i start up the car, it just starting happening today. I did get my old head unit switched with a new one yesterday, but not sure if that would be causing it, since it was fine all day yesteday and today, and just starting doing this right now! Please help me!
Old 08-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dropped a screw in between the seat today and couldn't find it, not sure if that is somehow causing this either.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find everything that is powered up by the fuse for this circuit. You say "powerseat/defog fuse". Disconnect the plug from the power seat which eliminates the motor for the power seat. If it still blows then disconnect the plug from the defroster(assuming rear defrost). If it still blows then check what else is powered by this fuse and remove it from power. If none of this works start looking for a short to ground on any of the wires that lead to the items powered by the fuse. You also mentioned that a screw was dropped and that your head unit was replaced as well. If you had no problems prior to this I would start looking in these areas first especially since the defrost on/off button is located in the general area of the head unit.