Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for LSX head porting templates?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 10:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for LSX head porting templates?

Anyone know where I could get a set?
Old 08-17-2005, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by makoshark
Anyone know where I could get a set?
Same here....

Old 08-17-2005, 08:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Templates huh, that would be a novel idea. Most folks "templates" consist of buying a great set of heads and trying to reproduce it. Myself and the others that are honest, actually put in the time on a flow bench and consulting any local guru that will lend advice.

Brandon
Old 08-17-2005, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL.. I should have read post better, I thought he was looking for a torque-hone plate...
Old 08-17-2005, 09:51 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm cheap...
How I did mine was cut a long thin piece of paper,tape it to the head and use a straight edge to make sure its dead on,...Then take the lsx and put the lower 1/2 of the intake on top of the paper and snug it up in the heads.Now you'll be able to see down the port,take a pencil and trace the port from inside the intake.I the removed the lower 1/2 of the intake and took alittle silicone and rubned it on the ports and put it back on the thin paper that was marked.I let it dry and then pulled easy on the tape and removed the lower intake and the thin paper was stuck to the lower intake.

I now had an exact trace of my heads intake port
I then cut then out with a razor knife and ported the lower lsx intake to match the heads intake ports,I cleaned up all the casting flash in the lower 1/2 of the intake and in the upper 1/2 on the intake...Once I was done we compared then head to the intake but putting it back on the car and it was dead nuts perfect..

Did I flow it (No)
Would that of helped (Probably)
I dont have a flow bench but I'll tell ya the car responded from 11.09 to 10.89 and it also went from 122 to 124 so IMO it was worth the time...

Quick Reply: Looking for LSX head porting templates?