Sponsored by:

my impressions of the futral fm14

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 05:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my impressions of the futral fm14

got the install done a couple days ago.its running on the tune for my g5x1
but there is no idle surging or idle hunting as of yet.the cam lope is very similiar to the g5x1 probley because they are both on a 112,but it is a little choppier kind of like a reallllllll mean popcorn machine lol ,there is more low and mid torque with this cam than the g5x1 even without proper tuning.top end it feels very close to the g5x1.however the exhaust is much louder now at wot.i think this 232/234 cam requires less back pressure,i have to get a nice cat-back or true dual set-up.i have a cut-out but i havnt uncapped it with this cam.just the way it accelerates i think i am at or very close to my 120 etmph goal.i will be getting it tuned sometime around the 15th.i will post the results.ill have some track times around october so i can get ready for a 12bolt,i dont want to blow the 10 just yet! as far as ptv clearence there is no problem it rolled over fine by hand and runs great my heads are in the sig and they are unshaved with 2.05 valves ground to 2.04 just something jay use to do? now that i am on my 2nd cam i would highly reccomend either lg or futral they are both very streetable cams.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

good deal man, glad you like it..

Jon
Old 09-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad everything worked out ok and your are enjoying it. If you need any help on anything,just let me know.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:41 AM
Launching!

Rolled over fine by hand? You're a lot braver than I am. A few minutes with a check spring and you could actually know how much clearance you have. I've seen too many cars spew at the track cause they took stuff for granted. I know it sounds like I'm really raggin on ya but I think you've spent a lot of time and money on your car and I'd hate to hear you had a problem later because you took something for granted.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for the good comments guys.krexken ya you are right.i knew it wasnt that intelligent really.but i was confident after talking to a few different people.plus the original owner of the heads im running had a g5x3 and said he didnt have to flycut so i took the chance.i figured with the little bit of lash i have with my comp r's i wouldnt have any trouble just turnin her over but ultimately you are right!!