Sponsored by:

Zero Oil Pressure at Start up - New LS6 Oil Pump

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zero Oil Pressure at Start up - New LS6 Oil Pump

Hey Guys:

Friday I got a cam installed at Fastech and they put in a new LS6 Oil Pump. I have already been having problems with starting the car (having to give a lot of gas) but today the worst thing happened.

I got into my car to go home from school, started it up, reversed, and noticed that I had a "check gauges" light on because I had no oil pressure. I said "Oh Crap" and went around the one way parking lot to park back in my spot. By the time I got back to my parking spot I had normal oil pressure and an SES light now. I ran to Autozone, got the code pulled (P0135 02 sensor junk) then went straight home. On the way to Autozone and home my oil pressure was just fine.

After being home a few mins, I got in my car to leave, started the car and found no damn oil pressure. Turned the car off, tried again and no oil pressure. I decided screw this it is not worth losing the engine over. I called Fastech but have still not being able to talk to Sean.

What could the problem be? Faulty O-ring installation? Broken oil sending unit? Oil Pump is shot already?

Any help would be appreciated, I am hoping that Fastech will offer to fix this for me.

Jason
Old 09-05-2005, 11:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thats shitty man, I hate to see you take your car in to get everything done professionaly and come out like that, im sure u dropped a ton of cash too. They will prob fix it for ya.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:27 AM
Restricted User

Most likely an O-ring issue, those little peckers are a curse! They should take care of you fine.

Charlie
Old 09-06-2005, 06:38 AM
On The Tree

o ring!!!! Make sure you put it on the pick up then install into the oil pump. Seen to many pinched or cut.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They didnt take off the intake did they? If so, it could be the sensor, otherwise its probably an o-ring, although that usually leaves you with low pressure as opposed to no pressure at all.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

Id agree. unless there was no seal at all.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the responses guys

Fastech has been very helpful and is offering to tow the car back up there to take a look. I hope it is just the o-ring though. That would suck to buy another oil pump.

I'll keep you'll updated

Quick Reply: Zero Oil Pressure at Start up - New LS6 Oil Pump