Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Re-training" the ECU?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 12:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default "Re-training" the ECU?

There any way to "re-train" the ECU after a lot of easy driving? I know that over time it changes things to cope for how you're driving it. Well... I know how hard this thing can pull and it hasn't been pulling as hard after a lot of babying (breaking in a new clutch). I know temp and some other factors may be contributing but it's getting nice and cool out here but it's pulling LESS. I was wondering if there's anything I could do get let it know i'm not fvcking around any more... maby a few WOT passes after disconnecting the battery for about 15 minutes?
Old 09-11-2005, 01:34 AM
TECH Resident

UPDATE: Reconnected the battery - SES light's off and it doesn't wanna idle... lol.. guess I did it the ghetto way. I let it warm up and bliped the throttle a couple times - waited till it recovered fairly well each time then turned it off. Going to do the "engine break-in" thing tomorrow so the PCM can re-learn the fuel curves - the 2 half-throttle passes up to 55 then 2 full throttle passes up to 55... then cruise there for a while... oh yah... coast down... should i downshift and should i shift at redline? Also, should I hold 55 in 5th or 6th? 6th is kinda lugging it out @ under 1,500 rpms. THANKS!

Last edited by GTObsessor; 09-11-2005 at 01:47 AM.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

**** if i gotta tune will that happen after a month...if thats the case then my car is slow as **** cuz i cant afford gas and i drive like a *****
Old 09-11-2005, 01:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BeeraddSS98
**** if i gotta tune will that happen after a month...if thats the case then my car is slow as **** cuz i cant afford gas and i drive like a *****
The tune has been edited by HP Tuners (simply to pull it's supid *** aggressive timing down in the higher RPM range). DON'T buy a Hypertech tuner... EVER. Get HPtuners and prepare to learn A LOT. I'm just trying to get the PCM to learn that I'm not gonna be fvcking around with it any more. It's gonna be driven like it was meant to be and I want it to re-learn the fuel curves quickly and have it running how it should... right now it's not pulling how it should be so I'm re-training the PCM... just need questions above answered before I do so I get it right the 1st time.... getting it up to 55 and shifting @ redline - I won't make it out of 2nd... then I guess I drop it into 5th from there????