Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil compression

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 02:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question oil compression

well to begin i have a 408ci that I've been driving for about the last two months.. its half way tuned and recently i started feeling the engine weird.. i check the engine and the first thing I noticed was that the belt was coming loose.. I was about to put back into place when i saw that everytime that i moved the tensioner up so the belt could come loose the crank pully would also moved.. holly **** i jacked up the car and the pully was about to come off some oil(not a lot) had leaked out.. well anyways i put the pully back all the way in and drove it again. now the weird thing was that as I was driveing the car home i saw the oil pressure drop and then go back up, it would go down to about 15-20psi then back up half way.. and all of a sudden the when i got home it went all the way done to 0.. well first i think it might either be the oil pump or the tune.. because it use to do this before and after the car found idle the pressure stayed right at half way.. any suggestions on what it might be.. the car still started fine after i got home but just didnt feel normall... no white smoke or anything..
Old 10-08-2005, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

t t t t t
Old 10-08-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Junkie

If you have 0 pressure, you shouldn't be running the motor.

Did you check the oil level?

Sounds also like you might need to pull the motor and double check every nut and bolt to make sure it's built right. Would also give you a chance to check for damage while you have it apart.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should have seen why oil was leaking from the front before just re installing the pulley and calling it good. Leaking oil, then lost oil pressure, does not sound good.

Did you check the oil level?
Old 10-09-2005, 05:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah the oil level is good.. and the only reason why I turned it on was because i wanted to see if the oil pressure went up again..