Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thinking about a cam...have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default thinking about a cam...have some questions

Alright, I'm thinking about getting a cam for my 02' SS.You can all see what I've already done to my car in my sig. I had a cam in a different camaro (02' Z28) that I had and it some a really hard time starting, it idled really hard. So I'm looking for something reasonably priced, I eventually want to get up to or slightly over 400hp. I drive this car everyday (for now) and so it needs to be driveable. Also, are there any other mods I will need to take full advantage of the cam? How hard/long is a cam install on an ls1? Thanks....
Old 11-03-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To take advantage of your cam swap,you will definatly want to get some headers, preferably long tubes, and finish out the rest of the exhaust system. you will need to change out your valve springs to some that are rated at a higher lift, and also a good idea are some hardend pushrods. If i were you and i didnt have any other engine mods other than just wanting to do a cam I would just wait and get all the bolt ons first then swap the cam and make some massive power. thats my take , im sure there are some people on here that can elaborate a lil more to get you goin in the direction you want.