Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam, lifer, rocker opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Cam, lifer, rocker opinions needed

I got some input from crane and vinci already but looking for less vested interest in the products in the next opinion.

I have stock lifter in my C6 6 liter. The cam is a 224/230 .581/.592 lift XER. I want to use 1.8's with this combo and I am told I have enough spring with shimmed crane 832's at 1.74 installed height. I verified this with a height micrometer.

Can the lifter handle the set-up? I don't want to pull the heads at this time for new lifters. The car has 3k miles on it and has been in peices for more time since I have owned it than driven. Takin a break.

I was told that the pressure is differnt from the rocker ratio than if it came from the cam lobe lift. Not so sure i believe that.

Thanks...happy holidays guys.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I spend a lot of time looking into this. I looked for guys running stout setups successfully, those having some lifter issues and then guys who have had lifter failures. What I found was that guys could run 625 lbs of open pressure on the stock lifters pretty successfully and as you went higher you got into a grey zone. By my calcs, you will have 635 lbs open pressure on the lifter, which is going into what I call my grey zone. I think you will be OK if you plan on lifters later. XTrooper is not running much less open pressure than you.