Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock LS1 Need's Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock LS1 Need's Upgrades

I hope you can all help. I need to know what kind of head and cam package to get for my 2000 trans am. I am looking to get some power out of my daily driver. I don't want nitrous and am highly considering the STS turbo kit in 6 months. I just need some imput on the lift because I don't know crap about engines. What kind of rockers and springs to use and what else should i do to complement the head and cam package so nothing starts to blow up on me. Also what about the ignition system and the fuel system as well? Thank you for your time guys.

The car is a stock LS1 Trans Am with the T56. I know I need to get the LS6 intake and I'm trying to find one as we speak.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Teching In

Well if your gonna do turbo and your not trying to get crazy with HP sense it is a daily driver then i wouldnt mess with the heads just get a good cam (call comp or someone and tell them what you got then they will run some numbers and recomend a cam) and replace your valve springs (once agin the cam company can recomend the necessary springs for your application) and i think the STS kit should come with all of the necessary fuel upgardes. And for your ignition i would run a MSD digital 6, thats what i got and i like it
Old 03-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Any idea's on the cam or valve springs? Thanks for the info