Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you know if you have a LS6 block?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you know if you have a LS6 block?

Is it true that some 2002 SS Camaro's from the factory came with LS6 blocks?
If its true how can i tell? I was told that i had one. But i'm not sure.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:06 PM
10 Second Club

Yes some did, you can tell if you look at the casting number on the back of the block on the drivers side. If the casting number reads 1251168 you have an LS6 block.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Not to be a jerk or anything but you may want to post LS6 questions in the LS1-LS6 forum not the LS2-LS7 forum. Maybe you didn't see that forum or something. No big worries but figured I let you know for future reference.

Anways this question has been asked a lot and other questions kinda similiar to this one. So JRP has put together a very nice FAQ list. The one your asking specificly abou is at this link Do I have an LS6 block? How can I find out if I do?

That was a small section from one of the FAQ pages if you want to see everything Click Here

These stickys and helpful FAQ pages are really nice and they have a lot of good useful information. I see that you have have about 70 post or so, so maybe you just missed these again I'm not trying to be a jerk but only trying to help you out.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:21 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GMmuscle86
Not to be a jerk or anything but you may want to post LS6 questions in the LS1-LS6 forum not the LS2-LS7 forum. Maybe you didn't see that forum or something. No big worries but figured I let you know for future reference.

Anways this question has been asked a lot and other questions kinda similiar to this one. So JRP has put together a very nice FAQ list. The one your asking specificly abou is at this link Do I have an LS6 block? How can I find out if I do?

That was a small section from one of the FAQ pages if you want to see everything Click Here

These stickys and helpful FAQ pages are really nice and they have a lot of good useful information. I see that you have have about 70 post or so, so maybe you just missed these again I'm not trying to be a jerk but only trying to help you out.
good man
Old 03-22-2006, 08:29 PM
11 Second Club

I knew that you can check that way, but i never tried it. do you need to take the thing apart? It looks like its a tight fit or could i see it with a mirror?