neither now...wait until after bootcamp
66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

decisions on mods...now or later?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 03:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default decisions on mods...now or later?

alright guys, Im going to the Marines real soon, actually May 26th I leave for bootcamp and its 13 weeks long.

so the car will sit for 3 months while im in bootcamp, one reason I havn't really gotten into modding it.

so the question is.

should I buy some susp. mods for the car before bootcamp and slap them on and drive around and enjoy it for at best 2 weeks?

or should I buy a busmaster AR-15 that'll basically be what i'm issued and have it for a long long time. (im a gun guy, just turned 18 and love AR's)

the mods will come after bootcamp, so its not a question of IF i'll get them... so the question is mod it now and possibly enjoy it for 2 weeks or so IF i get time to put the parts on, or mod it after bootcamp when I'll have more cash for more mods and defintely the time to do it?

the mods are

LS6 intake/ported TB
BMR adjustable LCA's
blisten HD shocks
BMR lowering springs
adjustable panhard bar

Chad
Old 04-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

Wait until after boot camp. Forget the whole AR-15 thing. Let the Marine Corps teach you how to shoot. Not to mention that once you're in the FMF and living in the barracks, you won't be able to take the gun (or any firearm, for that matter) with you. It would be a waste of money. If you wait until after recruit training you'll have more money for mods.

Better yet, just wait until you deploy a couple of times so you can pay off the car and then drop a couple of grand into some nice wheels, full exhaust, full intake, and a cam?
Old 04-04-2006, 05:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1z28chris2
Wait until after boot camp. Forget the whole AR-15 thing. Let the Marine Corps teach you how to shoot. Not to mention that once you're in the FMF and living in the barracks, you won't be able to take the gun (or any firearm, for that matter) with you. It would be a waste of money. If you wait until after recruit training you'll have more money for mods.

Better yet, just wait until you deploy a couple of times so you can pay off the car and then drop a couple of grand into some nice wheels, full exhaust, full intake, and a cam?
im going in the reserves....so no barracks, deployments, etc. thanks though.

Chad
Old 04-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nimitz87
im going in the reserves....so no barracks, deployments, etc. thanks though.

Chad
If you were to wait until after recruit training, what mods would you be looking at doing at that point? Would your plans be very different from what you're looking at now on a smaller budget?

Why are you going reserves instead of active?
Old 04-04-2006, 08:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1z28chris2
If you were to wait until after recruit training, what mods would you be looking at doing at that point? Would your plans be very different from what you're looking at now on a smaller budget?

Why are you going reserves instead of active?
mods would be more but susp. mods would be the same, i'd eventually get a 9" and cam/heads.

reserves because im still going to go to college, 4 years reserves and when i graduate and get my degree i go active duty as a 2nd Lt.

Chad
Old 04-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nimitz87
mods would be more but susp. mods would be the same, i'd eventually get a 9" and cam/heads.

reserves because im still going to go to college, 4 years reserves and when i graduate and get my degree i go active duty as a 2nd Lt.

Chad
If your long term plans include doing those mods you have listed in your first post, then just go ahead and start doing them no. No sense in waiting when you'll be getting them eventually anyway.

And good luck spending four years in the reserves without deploying.