Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want the most reliablity, should i swap out LS6 springs for Patriot golds?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want the most reliablity, should i swap out LS6 springs for Patriot golds?

On my 100% stock LS6 motor with ECS D1SC blower kit, making between 7 to 10 lbs of boost!!

ALTHOUGH most TUNERS (and some of the best in the bussiness) but not all of them, have told me there is no reason to change my stock valve springs on my 02 BLown Z with 23,000 miles on the clock. That being said there is a guy who just broke his stock valve spring on his 03 stock Z06 with 47K miles on the clock and its stories like that, which want to make me throw on some PATRIOT dual GOLDS ASAP for extra piece of mind, reliability and to hold up the valve (with the second spring) if i ever do suffer a valve spring break!

I won't spin this bad boy much higher than 6000 rpm b/c don't want to see more than 10lbs of boost, but will do some road racing this summer and put on about 10K miles a year on my BLOWN Z, as i drive it as often as i can in good weather and CANNOT afford to crap on when i am on the JOB.

I want what will be the most durable valvetrain to keep my car from being as reliable as possible and giving me the most piece of mind.

Do you guys see any downside at all (other than cost) to swapping out my stock LS6 valve springs which have held up fine on my stock LS6 motor with 23K miles on it and 3400 miles on my ECS D1SC Blower kit. ALso, looking for your informative opininon only with this thread, so kindly don't ask me to ask my tuner as I want your subjective opinion regarding this issue!! ALSO, please don't factor your opinon based upon my first sentence regarding what most tuners have told me, etc.!
Old 04-04-2006, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like the guy in other thread said, your lifters will be under more stress. I think Comp 918s would be good here. Someone else want to chime in?