Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new ride!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new ride!

Hey Guys, I am bouncing off the walls at this point, after a year long search I finally bought my newest LS powered vehicle (I had a 2000 F-Body for like 6 months but it was totaled…I really loved that car). Anyway, its an absolutely MINT millennium yellow 2001 C5 Coupe , I was sort of looking for another WS-6 but since I plan on doing some road racing at the nearby Willow springs I ended up leaning towards the C5. Doubt I would have been dissapointed with the F-body, but I know the C5 will handle the road course a little better. I was thinking F-Body for more reliability when I drag race, but hopefully the Vette can hang....LOL

I just wanted to share my joy this thing feels so sweet, it already has some of your typical bolt-ons with an ASP under-drive pulley, Magnaflow catback (stock manifolds), Vortex Ram Airbox, LS-6 manifold and Nitto’s on all four corners. The guy I bought it from said he put in a clutch from a Z06 like a year or so ago. Im sure I will be needing to replace that with the mods I have planned, but for now it is smooth and seems to grab real nice. The car isn’t crazy quick or anything but it certainly feels pretty good!
The point is, I still have some cash left over and what else should you do with a new toy but buy more parts (it's a sickness I think)....I am thinking heads and cam set-up and obviously exhaust. Either Kooks or LG for the headers, but not sure where I am going in the near future with the H/C set-up, any ideas???

So, in closing I love my new C5
Thanks for letting me share!
Uber-LS1
Old 04-06-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

SWEET! I hate you cause you bolt up a magnacharger
Old 04-06-2006, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 8GTOKLR
SWEET! I hate you cause you bolt up a magnacharger
Thanks for the hatred, LOL.....I like the sig!
I wouldn't bother with the magnacharger, just go procharger!!! and you can do that one. Wasn't there something said about a Kenne bell set-up coming out someday also?
Old 04-07-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Screw it STS for everybody. you got pics of your ride yet

For heads and cam...I am running your stock 241's hand ported with a vinci boss cam 056 i believe, specs are 216/224 .551 115 lsa, rhoads lifters, patriot gold spring kit, haredend pushrods, ls2 timing chain and LS6 intake..should be nice street DD combo..it will be on in 3 weeks

Last edited by 8GTOKLR; 04-07-2006 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:58 PM
On The Tree

I would love to share some pics but unfortunately my camera was also in the Firebird that got totaled . I need to replace it anyway and Im more motivated now. Looks like I will be buying a new camera with some of my mod money....LOL I need to get another one anyway…nevermind I will spend the money on mods and BORROW a camera. C'mon, priorities people. LOL
Old 04-09-2006, 01:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Get the LG headers for that C5!! Nice, glad you got a new one.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

I was thinking about the new "street series" LG's or even the new ones that Texas Speed sells....Im still waiting to see more results on both. Not sure if I want to spend close to 2K (with Cats) on just headers...I could put some of the money I save towards better heads, FAST intake, etc.....Decisions

Either way I am going to make more power, so although a tough decision, there is no wrong answer.