Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so I've got a bad lifter...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so I've got a bad lifter...

well after rulling everything else out, i'm pretty sure i've got a bad lifter.

i have a few questions; what lifters should i get? i have a TSP 233/239 R2 with the prc dual valve spring kit. i was thinking the comp "R" lifters since they only a little more than the oem replacements.

second since i'm going to have the heads off should i get them ported or milled? if so how much does this generally cost from local guys? i'd love to get some nice new heads but i wasn't expecting to replace lifters so i'm kinda on a budget here.

lastly any words of wisdom for taking these heads off? lol this will be my first time so any thing i should look out for?
Old 04-07-2006, 04:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by FoxTa
well after rulling everything else out, i'm pretty sure i've got a bad lifter.

i have a few questions; what lifters should i get? i have a TSP 233/239 R2 with the prc dual valve spring kit. i was thinking the comp "R" lifters since they only a little more than the oem replacements.
Best on market now are the Morel, Crane replacement are pretty good, so far personaly I've used Comp 850-16 with no issues.

second since i'm going to have the heads off should i get them ported or milled? if so how much does this generally cost from local guys? i'd love to get some nice new heads but i wasn't expecting to replace lifters so i'm kinda on a budget here.
Some porters are gifted and will do a job on stock valves for less than $800
But with mass CNC producing you can now get heads stage 1 for $1200 with dual springs. CNC is preferable for consistancy amongst ports.

lastly any words of wisdom for taking these heads off? lol this will be my first time so any thing i should look out for?
http://www.ls1howto.com
It is all in there
Old 04-07-2006, 07:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have rhoads in my car, and totally enjoy them!! if u dont mind the little bit of noise they make(sounds like soild lifters) i suggest you get them!!! Morels are very nice also, but very pricy
Old 04-07-2006, 08:13 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Stock replacement Crane or Comps are just fine.We run them with alot bigger Cams.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright guys thanks for the advice, i think i'm just going to go with the comp stock replacements.

as for the heads i was looking at the new dart heads, i already have brand new valve springs, seats etc.. if i bought the dart heads bare would i be able to use my stock valves in them or would i need to get different/new ones? if so what should i get and where. sdpc has them priced bare for $469.99

well i just home from work i'm going to go start tearing everything down.