Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ALL MS3 daily drivers come in plz

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ALL MS3 daily drivers come in plz

im almost dead set on this cam but almost everyone ive talked to has said its too big for a daily driver and wont pull under the curve hardly at all. where r u guys shifting at? are u happy with it? please try to persuade me to get this cam
Old 04-11-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

i have three friends that dd with this cam and it runs great i plan on getting it for my car
Old 04-11-2006, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get a good tune.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want it that bad just buy it. Its a great cam. I have one in my car. I have been daily driving it for a year now with no problems at all. Yes, the car will HAVE to be tuned for this cam. I have had mine on the dyno several times, it sure as heck pulls supper hard. But remember I have a 3800 Stall converter, so I never see anything lower then that unless I am just cruisin. Tell you something it did do to my car. It incressed my fuel milage 2 mpg while cruisin on down the highway at 75mph on the cruise control. I was geting 21.5 and now get 23.5 to 24mpg. No joke, hec Jason was even suprised. The cam sounds great, pulls hard, after TSP tunned it, drives very well. I can testify to the pull at low rpm alittle. When I am driving down the interstate with the cruise control on, and the car is running a 2100rpm, if I push the accelerate button on the cruise control, the car still speeds up as fast as it did before without dropping out of torque converter lock up. I personaly like the cam very much. It nocked a good half second off my ET's before I tunned my shift points. Pretty close to a second once I corrected my shift points. I have no idea at what rpm the cam quits pulling at. My HP curves just go up until we quit at 7000rpm. It never falls off. I shift at 6700rpm.

Tell you something else, my cam realy loves nitrous. Huge difference with this cam. Before my dyno runs with nitrous would peak at 4800rpm and drop after that with the nitrous. Now it just climbs straight up on the juice. Very good cam choice.

Of course, you need all the stuff that needs to go with this cam. I would not put it on a completly stock car and expect the same performance frm it that I get. Theres alot more to making good power then just stickin a cam in. Talk with Jason or John at TSP and they will get you set up right the first time. I promise, you will not regret it.