Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F14 and the bad cam stock

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default F14 and the bad cam stock

I talked to Dave at Futral today and here's the jest of it. My cam was purchases one month prior to any known problems. So far only F13s have had a problem. If I want they (Futral) will swap my F14 out with a new one, that's up to me.

That's pretty good customer support if you ask me. Now I just need to decide what to do. I hate wasting time and money (theirs or mine) if there's no problem, but I'd sure hate to find out otherwise too.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

If it was me, it would eat me alive not knowing. I know like you already said. Its only the Fm13 cams so far. What sucks is there is no easy was to go about checking. You have to tear apart something to find out. It would kill me, but I would probably put some miles on it and see if anything pops up. Most people noticed a problem after it got to the lifters. So I would think you would be able to tell if something was going wrong. It sucks you have to wait for the lifters to start going before you can tell though.

Like you said, it would suck to tear it all down for nothing! Either way I feel for all the guys who had problems and those that are unsure! Good luck!
Old 04-19-2006, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteRhino
If it was me, it would eat me alive not knowing. I know like you already said. Its only the Fm13 cams so far. What sucks is there is no easy was to go about checking. You have to tear apart something to find out. It would kill me, but I would probably put some miles on it and see if anything pops up. Most people noticed a problem after it got to the lifters. So I would think you would be able to tell if something was going wrong. It sucks you have to wait for the lifters to start going before you can tell though.

Like you said, it would suck to tear it all down for nothing! Either way I feel for all the guys who had problems and those that are unsure! Good luck!
It's not assembled yet. I bought the cam kit last March for another 02 SS that was stolen four months later. Last fall I found a replacement 02 SS and started my project all over again.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ssheets
It's not assembled yet. I bought the cam kit last March for another 02 SS that was stolen four months later. Last fall I found a replacement 02 SS and started my project all over again.
In that case, if it was me, I'd send it back. Better to be safe than sorry.