Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

serious build up ls1 370 or 383 SC or TC. need info

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default serious build up ls1 370 or 383 SC or TC. need info

My 2001 z28 m6 is just about paid off and when it is I will be doing a complete engine rebuild but I have some serious questions.

here are the build options I am thinking.

383 turbo (not sts either)
383 procharger
or
370 turbo/procharger
or
350 turbo
350 procharger

here are the questions:

what kind of experience, knowledge or stories can you share with each build?

what typically nets the most HP as a poweradder the turbo or supercharger?

what is typically most dependable poweradder for a car that will still be driven alot.

hardcore questions:
engine block: is the ls1 block fine to use or should I consider the C5R or warhawk blocks.

do ls1 blocks respond better to increased bore or increased stroke?
Yes I can increase the stroke to 383 cubes but what can i increase the bore too with how thin the cylinder walls are and is it worth it.

Does the procharger require the same fuel and pcm management as a turbo?

Right now I am considering the 383 balanced stroker from lunati and either a turbo or procharger?

I do have more questions since I am seriously researching this... any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been researching this also. My 98 is almost paid off too! Anyway, some companies are selling a built forged 383 for about 4k. I think Bob at Exotic Performance Plus, and Dave at Combination Motorsports have lines on this motor. The block is superior to the older style such as I have, and internals are forged. I am trying to find out also if the 383 is more responsive to boost vs. the 346. I have a formula and my problem is that i o not want to cut the nose for the FMIC. I may do a small boost kit with Meth injection. If I play my cards right, 650-700 hp is attainable and safe.