Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Day 1 finished - Engine/Trans work "PICS"

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Day 1 finished - Engine/Trans work "PICS"

Well after working 8-6 all day I got the tranny out, clutch out, master cyl. out, and the top end of the motor disassembled. I also spend hours cleaning the block and pistons as well. Oh and I installed the new motor mounts as well today. You can get a lot more done in a day when you have air tools! Still doing it on garage floor. I will be updating with pics as I go!
Attached Thumbnails Day 1 finished - Engine/Trans work "PICS"-engine-work-005.jpg   Day 1 finished - Engine/Trans work "PICS"-engine-work-013.jpg   Day 1 finished - Engine/Trans work "PICS"-engine-work-015.jpg   Day 1 finished - Engine/Trans work "PICS"-engine-work-016.jpg  
Old 08-07-2006, 10:00 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn you made pretty good time! Pulling the heads on an f-body is a bastardly chore. Head bolts on the passenger side really suck.

What's going in?!???!?

2 things I noticed:

1) Be careful with that jack. I had the same one and it took a royal **** on me. It got to where you needed channel-locks to loosen it and it would constantly bleed down to the ground. The jack got retired but that aluminum handle makes a great prybar these days!
2) Put a real oil filter on.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1

1) Be careful with that jack. I had the same one and it took a royal **** on me. It got to where you needed channel-locks to loosen it and it would constantly bleed down to the ground. The jack got retired but that aluminum handle makes a great prybar these days!
Are you friggin kidding me? That's deadly! What brand is it?
Old 08-07-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Regular

hey thats the same way my craftsmen 3 ton jack is. It doesn't bleed down but there is a set of vicegrips set on the handle so you can loosen and tighten it.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lt1formula2000
hey thats the same way my craftsmen 3 ton jack is. It doesn't bleed down but there is a set of vicegrips set on the handle so you can loosen and tighten it.
I have a very similar jack and no problems loosening the jack, or bleeding it down. Sometimes if you turn them upside down or something they get messed up a little because of air in the system
Old 08-07-2006, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Going on:
-Dart 205's
-TR 230/224
-FAST 90 Intake
-NW TB
-Comp lifters, PR's
-Cometics
-SVO 30's
-Mcleod single disc/ master
-T56 rebuilds my tranny
-a bunch more little things

Yeah, I can tell this jack is going to go in a little, just hope it holds on for the rest of the build...
I've done heads on a couple LS1's before so by the third time and with air it goes real quick. I havent done a clutch on this car before so I'll see how hard it is to get that trans. back in there.