Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What could be wrong with the car now?? It won't start

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What could be wrong with the car now?? It won't start

Driving the car Wednesday night. Buddy and I were sitting in the car at a redlight talking, and then the car just shut off. Didn't make any noises or anything. It just shut off. Tried to start it back up, and it wouldn't start. You turn the key and it sounds like the belts and stuff are trying to move, but they don't. It only lasts for like a second. I've only had the car back for 3 weeks now. Is it an electrical problem? Is it losing power somewhere? A ground wire or something? We tried to jump it, and that didn't change anything? We got the car home and my buddy Derek came over Thursday night. He seemed to think the motor was locked to begin with. He got under the car and tried to turn the crank. Got a socket & torque wrench out, tried to turn the crank, and it didn't budge. Is that an indication the motor is locked? (and the car was in neutral) I don't have a clue, so maybe someone can offer some advice/help.

TIA
James
Old 08-07-2006, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If he can't turn the crank then that is probably a good indication that it is locked up
Old 08-07-2006, 11:30 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If the motor won't turn with a socket, you have larger issues. Pull the plugs and see if you see any issues, like impact to the plug. If you do, something is broken. Also pulling hte plugs will make it easier to tun over. But, it sounds like you may have brojken something internally. if you did, its got to come apart most likely. Good luck.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:57 AM
v-8
On The Tree

wow, that sucks, sounds like a sezed bearing or a hydro lock or something of that nature...
Old 08-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Launching!

See if that is the case, this really sucks. I just picked the car up 3 weeks ago after having 2 new pistons/rings put in!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well then maybe the person reassembleing it didn't put it back together correctly. Either way, if it is seized the motor has to come out.